Here's a little story about pumpkin soup recipe vegan; the first time I made and ate pumpkin soup, it made it to my top two soups instantly. Scroll to the bottom for my other favourite soup.
I learnt this recipe off a Chef in the commercial kitchens whilst studying at college (as a teen). It is super easy, original (however now with full cream swapped out for coconut cream to make the conversion into a plant based/vegan recipe). This pumpkin soup is creamy, thick and perfect for eating with crusty bread.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe Vegan Tips
- Cut up the potato & pumpkin into smaller chunks to speed up the boiling process
- Using less stock/water creates a thicker soup therefore making it feel silkier
- Save a little bit of coconut cream to garnish when serving - looks so artful
Pumpkin Soup Chefs Recipe
- Wash, peel and cut potato into small chunky pieces (the smaller the pieces, the quicker the boiling)
- Wash, peel, deseed and cut pumpkin into small chunky pieces
- Roughly shop parsley and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add potato, pumpkin, salt and cover with vegetable stock. Submerge at least covering 1cm above vegetables
- Boil until potato and pumpkin are cooked through and tender. You can check this by piercing a fork into the larger pieces
- Once pumpkin and potato boiled. Take pot off heat and allow to cool for five minutes
- Using either a hand held blender or blender, blend all contents in the pot until completely smooth
- Stir through coconut cream, until completely combined
- Serve hot in a soup bowl and garnish with parsley
My other favourite soup is Lebanese Lentil Soup. It's packed with nutrients and protein and is a go-to soup whenever someone isn't feeling well, or when I am in a hurry and want something super healthy and quick.
Do you love watching cooking / recipe making videos? Check out Plant Based Folk on Youtube.