Love to whip up a quick batch of choc chip muffins? With ‘no-egg’? I do!
These are perfect for kids lunch boxes and your own lunch box. As soon as these came out of the oven, at least three disappeared. The muffin monsters came out to feed.
This vegan recipe is a great alternative to your traditional choc chip muffin recipe using egg and the taste is fabulous. In fact, whenever I bake any sweet goods that are plant based /vegan, I always take two to work with me; one for myself and one for my friend. Now he is on a traditional diet and he never notices the difference (e.g., whether these choc chip muffins are vegan or not) So you see, these no egg choc chip muffins are good for everyone’s taste buds.
What you’ll need for this recipe;
- Self raising flour
- Maple syrup
- Plant based milk (e.g., almond milk or soy milk)
- Plant based spread (butter alternative)
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract/essence
Some ingredient notes;
- Chocolate chips – chocolate chips can be swapped for any vegan chocolate bar that you’ve smashed up into pieces; however make sure the pieces are similar in size to traditional choc chips
- Plant based spread – if you don’t have access to a vegan spread you could swap this out for vegetable or coconut oil
- Maple syrup – can be swapped out for your preferred sweetener so consider sweeteners like coconut sugar
If you love blueberries, then you should check out these vegan blueberry muffins.
No Egg Choc Chip Muffin
No Egg Choc Chip Muffin Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 Fahrenheit)
- In a large mixing bowl or mixer, add all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and combine
- Add all wet ingredients and combine well
- Once all ingredients combined and your batter has formed, add chocolate chips and mix through
- Pour batter into well greased muffin tray
- Top muffins with additional choc chips (optional)
- Bake in oven for approximately 25min or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of muffin
- Allow to cool before transferring.
N.B., nutrition facts are an estimate based on closely matched ingredients.
Like this recipe, try pinning it to pinterest or check our boards out.