A guilt free mushroom spaghetti that’s creamy and wholesome which the whole family will love. In addition, this makes a perfect weeknight main meal as it’s ideal for those who are time poor. Furthermore, leftovers can be used for next day lunch which makes life a little easier.
What you’ll need for this Mushroom Spaghetti recipe:
- Button mushrooms, fresh is best
- Plant based butter
- Plain flour
- Fresh parsley
- Wholemeal Spaghetti
- Fresh garlic
- Plant based milk
- Fresh Lemon juice
Mushroom Spaghetti Tips
- Button mushrooms can be swapped out for your preferred mushrooms. Always opt for fresh over tinned. If tinned is your only option, thoroughly wash the mushrooms to rid of unwanted citric acid
- Use your favourite type of pasta, this spaghetti from San Remo is featured in this recipe, however you could use a gluten-free pasta if your diet calls for this. Just follow the instructions as directed
- Don’t be afraid to adjust quantities to suit your taste, i.e., want more mushrooms? Go for it!
- This meal can be stored for approx. 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer, therefore making meal prep so easy
This mushroom spaghetti is dairy free, as well as being egg free, therefore suitable for those on a vegan/plant based diet.
- 300/10.5 g/oz Sliced button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Plant based butter
- 1 Tbsp Plain flour
- 1 Handful Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tsp Paprika to taste
- 1 Tsp Seasoning (or to taste)
- 500 g/18oz
- 1 Whole Crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 Cup Plant based milk
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon juice
- Cook your spaghetti as instructed and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium to high heat melt 1 tbsp plant based butter, sauté garlic and mushrooms. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining plant based butter and stir in flour, it will thicken into a paste.
- Lower heat to low to medium, and slowly pour in little amounts at a time of milk until you have your desired sauce consistency.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, seasoning and stir through well.
- Serve and garnish with parsley
N.B., nutrition facts are an estimate based on closely matched ingredients.
Looking for other main meal ideas?
Try this gorgeous Vegan Tuna Sweetcorn Pasta it’s quick, easy and made from chickpea.